Device Driver conflict

JL10

Solid State Member
I have recently had a few crashes and the good old Microsoft Error Report(!!!) has stated they are due to a device driver error. I thought I'd cracked it after uninstalling and reinstalling my printer (HP Photosmart 7762) and thought no more of it. However, today I backed up some pictures onto my external HDD ( A Western Digital USB 2.0 drive) and during the copy of files my PC crashed and restarted. I tried again, this time the files copied over then I tried to 'safely remove the drive' and the same thing happened...it crashed and restarted.

I have been to Western Digital's support pages to see if there are any necessary updates, but nothing that I can see of any worth (which improve stability/performance/compatability etc.)

I have just bought a new digital camera (Casio Exilim EX-Z750) but have no reason to suspect this is at fault...or could it be. Obviously this device is plug and play and shows as a removable drive. Do I check for errors in a similar way as other drives?? Anyway, if someone far more computer literate than me can help that would be great. Cheers

Tahnks for the reply Computergen but I'm not sure what you mean by IRQL Conflict?!

Sorry no. All that happened was that the PC just restarted! No blue screen.

Back
Top Bottom