Deteriorating System?

hero.

Beta member
Hello,

Ive had this Dell computer for about a year now and i'm noticing alot of deterioration of system performance. As of right now all my programs one slower. Certain games I used to play with no problems now crash regularly and Firefox and IE seem to crash on their own themselves.

Ive done plenty of anti virus scans, cleaned my registry, and other things to try to boost the performance the machine once had. But I just dont know what to do anymore and it seems it's getting worse.

PLEASE HELP!

My system specs:
Intel Core 2 CPU 6320 @1.86 GHz
2.0 GB RAM
Nvida GeForce 7300 LE
Windows XP SP2

for one clean out your dust outta the computer, if you havent already.. wont really help to much but a little. you should try the program called system mechanic 7 or 8 and run the trial version and see whats wrong with it

reformatting always helps. It's almost a mandatory thing to do with windows systems once in a while. :D

Hmmm i'll try reformatting and i'm going to download the trial of system mechanic (assuming firefox can hold out long enough) ha. Thanks though.

Any further help will be much appreciated :)

Yeah a Re-Format and re-install would be your best bet.When you do reinstall though,and install all your drivers,I recomend you get this piece of software.

Then do a full Image of your hardrive and save it somehwere safe (DVD's,External hardrive).So if the event this happens again,you can simply restore that image,and be up and running in less than 20 Minutes :D

Back
Top Bottom