Desktop and windows taskbar disappears

testman

Baseband Member
ok when i log in the computer the desktop and taskbar freeze up, after about 30 sec - 1 min my start up programs load but then my desktop icons and windows taskbar disappear, this happens on all the other computer accounts too. Anyway to fix this?

ctrl+alt+delete, then go to applications>new task and type in explorer.exe

that should do it

Hmm weird.

The above might fix it, since it'll be forced to reload Explorer (basically the GUI of Windows)

Though, it looks like something hefty is taking a while to load and so freezing the computer to do it.

What programs you have running in your taskbar? Anything you could stop that might be using a high amount of memory?

Go to Start/Programs/Startup. Anything listed there that you don't need?

i tried that but it didnt load , i have obejock installed and it works, but when i try to load my computer, control panal, my documents or any folder i have on object dock they wont load. The only program that loads at start up is aim and mffacfe virus scan. A Friend of mine told me it because the hdd is full which i think it is cuz i have so many stuff, but the problem is that its impossible to load the uninstall programs window, this tsrated happening after i installed the sbc yahoo dsl program

Hmm, try removing the dock program first of all.

With a problem like yours, is a task of finidng out the culprit one by one.

To delete the program if you can't, go to Safe Mode, by pressing (should be F8 at bootup), and a menu will come up to select Safe Mode.
Choose Without Networking, since firewalls don't tend to boot up when Safe modes on.

If you don't have enough hard drive space, this may be the case. I'd search for programs within Safe Mode you don't need.

If you've never used it before, it may look slightly strange, since sometimes the resoloution is wrong, etc, but ti stops many programs running that could stop the computer booting, etc.

I hope this helps.

Kage said:
Hmm, try removing the dock program first of all.

With a problem like yours, is a task of finidng out the culprit one by one.

To delete the program if you can't, go to Safe Mode, by pressing (should be F8 at bootup), and a menu will come up to select Safe Mode.
Choose Without Networking, since firewalls don't tend to boot up when Safe modes on.

If you don't have enough hard drive space, this may be the case. I'd search for programs within Safe Mode you don't need.

If you've never used it before, it may look slightly strange, since sometimes the resoloution is wrong, etc, but ti stops many programs running that could stop the computer booting, etc.

I hope this helps.
okill try booting in safe mode

I had the exact same problem. You have an undectectable trojan. No choice then to retformat.

ArrizX said:
I had the exact same problem. You have an undectectable trojan. No choice then to retformat.
ah no way a reformat?!?! i ahve so many things though

just try the good old cleaning method first. get all the good programs like avg, spybot, a good disk cleaner, and also hijack this and see if they sort the problem

K its all good it doesnt disappear anymore now i unstalled a few programs i didnt need, and did a system restore. I didnt do a virus scan yet but im gonna do one soon

Back
Top Bottom