Desktop-Virus problems

Parkins8

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I have had this problem and I am having a heck of a time fixing it. My desktop background will not change, even if I change it, it stays the same. It is some all black background, with big letters, WARNING! YOUR IN DANGER! and talks about security. Also, when I start windows I get this error loading - c:\windows\system32\bridge.dll. Lastly, I have ran adaware, spy-bot, norton, and an online virus scan from housecall. I have found a virus (c:\windows\httpfilter.dll) and quarantiened it, but still no fix. I am running out of ideas of how to fix this or what to try next, any help would be much appreciated, Thanks

Parkins8 said:
Hey everyone, I have had this problem and I am having a heck of a time fixing it. My desktop background will not change, even if I change it, it stays the same. It is some all black background, with big letters, WARNING! YOUR IN DANGER! and talks about security. Also, when I start windows I get this error loading - c:\windows\system32\bridge.dll. Lastly, I have ran adaware, spy-bot, norton, and an online virus scan from housecall. I have found a virus (c:\windows\httpfilter.dll) and quarantiened it, but still no fix. I am running out of ideas of how to fix this or what to try next, any help would be much appreciated, Thanks

Was the background on when you bought the computer?

For now, try what camers said and boot up into Safe mode, and Scan your system for everything (virus's, trojans, spyware e.t.c.)as soe of it might hid itself when booting up normally and cant be picked up :)

Parkins8 said:
=======
How did you make this post with all that going on ?
If it was on another PC than learn from it .
;)
Is this another trick College kid ?

bluto said:
=======
How did you make this post with all that going on ?
If it was on another PC than learn from it .
;)
Is this another trick College kid ?
Bluto, you've asked the "How did you make this post with all that going on" dozens of times!

He didn't say he couldn't use his computer.

Why not just answer his question; if you don't know the answer don't bother with the cryptic replies !

posiview said:
Bluto, you've asked the "How did you make this post with all that going on" dozens of times!

He didn't say he couldn't use his computer.

Why not just answer his question; if you don't know the answer don't bother with the cryptic replies !
Because the ? doesn't make any sense.
But it's just another example of how attachments can solve problems.
In the meanwile though,right click the desktop,propertys/background and select what works.
The rest "Are you kidding" I've done this desktop pic since W95.
Have you seen parkins disease again ?

Thanks to those who aren't getting smart about all this, I don't have the desire or the time to sit and think of a problem to post on here. Moving on, I still have not fixed it, I have updated Norton and ran it normal and in safe mode, i have ran adaware and spybot as well and still nothing. To reiterate what problem i am having, My desktop background will not change. It is a black screen, it says warning, your in danger and talks about spyware. I can not get it off, the only other problems i have are a error loading c:\windows\system32\bridge.dll. I have found a virus (c:\windows\httpfilter.dll) and quarantiened it, but still no fix. I am running out of ideas, Thanks in advance, Jeremy

well when you run out of ideas then you know what to do? time to reformat, that's probably the easiest way.

Back
Top Bottom