Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-16-2004, 08:38 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Desktop-Virus problems

Hey everyone, I have had this problem and I am having a heck of a time fixing it. My desktop background will not change, even if I change it, it stays the same. It is some all black background, with big letters, WARNING! YOUR IN DANGER! and talks about security. Also, when I start windows I get this error loading - c:\windows\system32\bridge.dll. Lastly, I have ran adaware, spy-bot, norton, and an online virus scan from housecall. I have found a virus (c:\windows\httpfilter.dll) and quarantiened it, but still no fix. I am running out of ideas of how to fix this or what to try next, any help would be much appreciated, Thanks

Parkins8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:43 PM   #2
entity512

Default Re: Desktop-Virus problems

Scan in safe mode when its maybe not being loaded up
Old 07-17-2004, 12:24 AM   #3
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to TheSickness Send a message via MSN to TheSickness Send a message via Yahoo to TheSickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkins8
Hey everyone, I have had this problem and I am having a heck of a time fixing it. My desktop background will not change, even if I change it, it stays the same. It is some all black background, with big letters, WARNING! YOUR IN DANGER! and talks about security. Also, when I start windows I get this error loading - c:\windows\system32\bridge.dll. Lastly, I have ran adaware, spy-bot, norton, and an online virus scan from housecall. I have found a virus (c:\windows\httpfilter.dll) and quarantiened it, but still no fix. I am running out of ideas of how to fix this or what to try next, any help would be much appreciated, Thanks
Was the background on when you bought the computer?

For now, try what camers said and boot up into Safe mode, and Scan your system for everything (virus's, trojans, spyware e.t.c.)as soe of it might hid itself when booting up normally and cant be picked up
TheSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 01:37 AM   #4
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to bluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkins8
=======
How did you make this post with all that going on ?
If it was on another PC than learn from it .

Is this another trick College kid ?
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 05:22 PM   #5
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluto
=======
How did you make this post with all that going on ?
If it was on another PC than learn from it .

Is this another trick College kid ?
Bluto, you've asked the "How did you make this post with all that going on" dozens of times!

He didn't say he couldn't use his computer.

Why not just answer his question; if you don't know the answer don't bother with the cryptic replies !
posiview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 11:05 PM   #6
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to bluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by posiview
Bluto, you've asked the "How did you make this post with all that going on" dozens of times!

He didn't say he couldn't use his computer.

Why not just answer his question; if you don't know the answer don't bother with the cryptic replies !
Because the ? doesn't make any sense.
But it's just another example of how attachments can solve problems.
In the meanwile though,right click the desktop,propertys/background and select what works.
The rest "Are you kidding" I've done this desktop pic since W95.
Have you seen parkins disease again ?
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:36 PM   #7
Baseband Member

Thanks to those who aren't getting smart about all this, I don't have the desire or the time to sit and think of a problem to post on here. Moving on, I still have not fixed it, I have updated Norton and ran it normal and in safe mode, i have ran adaware and spybot as well and still nothing. To reiterate what problem i am having, My desktop background will not change. It is a black screen, it says warning, your in danger and talks about spyware. I can not get it off, the only other problems i have are a error loading c:\windows\system32\bridge.dll. I have found a virus (c:\windows\httpfilter.dll) and quarantiened it, but still no fix. I am running out of ideas, Thanks in advance, Jeremy
Parkins8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 07:40 PM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

well when you run out of ideas then you know what to do? time to reformat, that's probably the easiest way.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote