Desktop shortcuts not working.

nicks75

Solid State Member
I installed firefox and now my desktop shortcuts dont work. I uninstalled firefox and the shortcuts still dont work. I can use my ie icon to get on to my main page but its the only one that works. When I click my google icon it says "windows cannot find 'http://www.google.com/'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file click the start button and then click search."
This says this for any other shortcut I make (except for the address), I ran xoft-spy and anti-virus scan and it found nothing. I tried a system restore and it still does not work. I also tried my registry fixer and fixed the errors that came up and it still does not work. I am running win xp pro sp2.

icons for what? Your google icon is to the internet are you talking about incons so programs Like MS word or games and the like? Or sites if sites are the issue than this is a problem with internet connectivity.

rdcmmnst said:
icons for what? Your google icon is to the internet are you talking about incons so programs Like MS word or games and the like? Or sites if sites are the issue than this is a problem with internet connectivity.

The internet shortcut icons. Everything else works (the programs and softwars links) just the shortcuts to web pages as I said in the first post. The connection is good, I can get online from my IE link but that is the only way. If I right click any web page and create a shortcut and click that icon is does not work. But did before downloading firefox.

prosser13 said:
Are you talking about bookmarks by any chance?
No not bookmarks or favorites those work.

When I right click on a web page, the popup says "save backround as","copy backround","select all","create shortcut," etc. When I choose create shortcut, a shortcut shows up on my desktop in the form of an icon. When I try to open that icon nothing happens.

Back
Top Bottom