desktop and laptop as Server-Client?

alexfenchel

Solid State Member
Hello everybody,

for a while I'm trying to build a Server-Client system. The idea is, instead of buying an expensive laptop I could buy a normal one and connect to my desktop, like that I would have a better performance (an finally be able to play on it :D). After some research it is still not clear for me, what would be the best way to do it. I have used Software like Teamviewer, it works, but the experience in gaming is just not the best :/

I wanted to ask you, have any of you done/know about something like this? Any help would be welcome :)

I describe a bit more about it in my blog, forthesakeoftechnology, in wordpress.

Thank you all and have a nice day :thumb:

In order to wirelessly connect to your desktop to play games, I'd have thought the amount of data throughput would be phenomenal. I suspect you'd need an insanely fast internet connection. Never tried doing it myself, but I suspect you're barking up the wrong tree with this one!

Cheers,
J

Well, 22 Mbps for 1080p and 12 Mbps for 720p. It must be fast, yes, but I think it can be done. As an example, WiFi 802.11g supports 108 Mbps bandwidth.

Well if those figures are accurate then maybe it's more than possible, especially with the release of 802.11ac. Of course we're talking theoretical numbers here, but in a local network the numbers certainly seem to add up, assuming you don't drop too many packets and such.

I guess it is *just* streaming 1080p, but I've not come across a remote desktop type software myself that I've been successfully been able to game on a separate machine with.

I'll be interested to see if you come up with anything, best of luck with this!

Back
Top Bottom