Desktop has SHIFTED to the left...??

GhostGT

Daemon Poster
This is on my mom's HP Pavilion a6212n PC. It randomly happened a couple of weeks ago.

The desktop image has shifted a couple of inches to the left, and has come DOWN about 1/2 an inch. Basically I've got a big black gap on the right side of my monitor (2") and a small one on top (1/2").

It uses an Intel integrated graphics card, so Ive been checking the Graphics Properties tab when I right-click on the desktop. The resolution is set to 1680 x 1050, but the refresh rate is at 75hz. If I manually set the refresh rate to 60mhz, the monitor flickers and goes back to a normal state.

But every single time I restart the computer, the same problem happens again. The OS loads, I see the windows screen and desktop just fine, and then the screen flickers once and it shifts to the left.

I've gone ahead and reinstalled video drivers from TWO different dates, I've uninstalled the video driver completely and reinstalled it, etc. Nothing it working.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Chris

check the monitor settings i pressed something on my monitor and what happened to you happened to me i just played with the buttons on the monitor until it was perfect

Nope, it's not the monitor. That was the first thing I checked. It is a hardware problem.

so you move the picture in monitor setting adjusting the length and the width? idk thats wierd have you tried a driver reinstall or reseating?

Go into the nVidia control panel. You should be able to shift it back or just check the settings there to make sure your graphics card is set up for your monitor. I know it's just happened but have a look at the settings there.

Go into the nVidia control panel. You should be able to shift it back or just check the settings there to make sure your graphics card is set up for your monitor. I know it's just happened but have a look at the settings there.

It's a integrated graphics card. So when you reset to 60MHz does it fix the problem until a restart?

It's a integrated graphics card. So when you reset to 60MHz does it fix the problem until a restart?

Ah.

You might have to re-start. I'm not sure with intergrated graphics cards.

Just one thing though. If you are using a TFT/LCD monitor then the problem could well be the monitor.

You need to find the auto setting on the monitors menu system which will auto adjust the picture to fit the screen.

I had this problem when I brough my LCD monitor 2 weeks ago. I just set it to auto and it adjusts everything. Even if I switch resolutions using nVidia and apply those settings my monitor adjusts straight away.

Try everything you can.

most new driver updates come with adjustment softwares if you insatll them, also you may be able to google some software that foes this to.

Update for yall.

1. The drivers have been reinstalled, twice, like I stated in my first post.
2. It is definitely NOT the monitor. I've checked this out already.
3. My friend was bored so he spent an hour with HP live support, they sent us a link to intel drivers, and after ALL that the drivers aren't "compatible" when I try to install them.

Resolution starts off at 1680x1050 and at 75Hertz. If I set it to 60 Hertz, the screen goes back to normal. But after a restart, its back to 75 with the same problem.

I've set it at 1024 x XXX for now, I forget which exact resolution. Sure it looks big as hell, but it'll suffice until I find out the cause of this problem.

Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom