desktop hardrive on laptop like power supply?

mtotho

In Runtime
I am building a custom computer in an xbox, i am buying a mini-itx form factor which has a built in power supply. : http://www.logicsupply.com/products/i945gtt_vfa there is the link

under power supply it says : 19VDC @ 4.7A .
I am wondering if this will support a normal hardrive, some people were saying it wouldnt because hardrives run at 12v or something.

ummm i dont know any of the tech spec of a desktop hardrive but my first thoughts would be no as the new sata hardrive are easily small enough to fit in some laptop so why have manafuctures done this ??? it would be loads more space

maybe u shud just get a laptop drive

it has a molex adapters to run 2 devices. either a sata or pata HDD. you should be fine buying a normal desktop hard drive

yea thats what i though, why would they give me connectors for something i cannot use. @ ssc456, im looking to get an internal drive for its space and speed because i am loading this computer with emulators and videos and games. I would just get an external case for it and have the laptop in the inside...but thats going to be more pricy and i'd rather do without all the extra wires and devices to carry around.

Back
Top Bottom