Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-28-2005, 05:43 PM   #31
In Runtime

Default Re: dells a rip off...

the cheapest parts you can get that can play those games you mentioned at 1280 resolution and even higher would be the specs i mention and no other specs except of the one i mention. HERE GOES = amd 64 venice 3000, 6600gt, a cheap socket 939 nforce 4 motherboard. You can use your old ram that you already have, You need to spend more than 500 to get ram as well. If that is 500 US currency i am sure you can get what all i posted. Check websites and computer stores near you and ask for the parts i posted. YOu can even use your old computer case, thats what i did. THe specs i posted is the best gaming parts you can buy for 500 dollars, nothing else can beat what i posted unless you are a millionare.

onimusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:44 PM   #32
In Runtime

The ONLY thing i like about dell (god forgive me) is that they are relatively quiet IMO. I definatly don't like them taking advantage of uneducated computer users(sorry if sounds ad hominem) by luring them in with the prices and selling them crap.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:45 PM   #33
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Luiz396

Dell notebooks, they suck dude, but their desktops are really nice...

What I recommend you the most is to build your own pc, u can begin with 512mb of memory and 128mb of graphics, and then with some time u can upgrade them.
Luiz396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:37 PM   #34
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onimusha
the cheapest parts you can get that can play those games you mentioned at 1280 resolution and even higher would be the specs i mention and no other specs except of the one i mention. HERE GOES = amd 64 venice 3000, 6600gt, a cheap socket 939 nforce 4 motherboard. You can use your old ram that you already have, You need to spend more than 500 to get ram as well. If that is 500 US currency i am sure you can get what all i posted. Check websites and computer stores near you and ask for the parts i posted. YOu can even use your old computer case, thats what i did. THe specs i posted is the best gaming parts you can buy for 500 dollars, nothing else can beat what i posted unless you are a millionare.
Wow cheers man, i am talking about Pound Sterling, and i still need my own ram and case as its a seperate computer, but thats cool man cheers.

I'm impressed with these forums, pretty nice and friendly, cheers guys!
HaZzY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:38 PM   #35
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiz396
Dell notebooks, they suck dude, but their desktops are really nice...
I fully agree.

I've still got my 6 year old Dell desktop (only got a replacement last January, not another Dell though), and it's still not bad at all.

Their laptops are lame, I'd never buy one.