Dell XPS vs Apple MacBook

hmm you may get lucky then lol. i dunno it all seems to be pot luck :(
edit: Your order has been dispatched as of 22/06/2008 Phase: 5. Dispatched

Your Order is in transit with our delivery partner (carrier) / Postal service.

:D:D

i have a quick question before i order it. is there a significant difference in speed between a 7200 rpm HD and a 5400 rpm?

this is a silly argument... if you're looking for gaming, then dell is the clear way to go... I am die-hard mac fan (i am posting this from my macbook), and I can admit that there aren't many games for the mac... Now if you are looking for a more media/graphic design specific environment, then the mac may be more suited to your needs...

The bottom line is PC's are better for gaming, Mac's are traditionally better for design. Another main factor is your decision is what you are used to, and whether you want to risk learning something your not used to.

this is a silly argument... if you're looking for gaming, then dell is the clear way to go... I am die-hard mac fan (i am posting this from my macbook), and I can admit that there aren't many games for the mac... Now if you are looking for a more media/graphic design specific environment, then the mac may be more suited to your needs...

The bottom line is PC's are better for gaming, Mac's are traditionally better for design. Another main factor is your decision is what you are used to, and whether you want to risk learning something your not used to.

that is partially true although these days i think if you want to multimedia/video editing etc both are just as good as each other with a lot of mainstream image editing software for example being available on windows and mac and there are plenty of video editing suites available for both ranging from very simple to the advanced catering for all users and so its all down to personal preference as to operating system and hardware etc
as you can run windows on a mac and with a bit of tweaking mac on a PC

i have a quick question before i order it. is there a significant difference in speed between a 7200 rpm HD and a 5400 rpm?

i personally dont think there is , if you are going to be image editing i dont think there is a need for super fast access although if you plan on video editing might want slightly faster access although size is also an issue there as well
if you want to video edit with this laptop i would reccomend going 7200 and getting a large external hard drive and storing anything you are not currently working on there and only store current working projects on the laptop

Back
Top Bottom