Dell TV's???

hascet

Fully Optimized
does anyone else here have a dell tv, because i got one and i like it and i can use it as a monitor fo rmy computer but occasionaly it shuts off without warning randomly...i already talked to dell support about the problem and they sent me an entire new tv but the new one does it as well! so i was just wondering ifanyone else had a dell tv with a similar problem or any monitor that has that problem???

Well, #1, TVs are not to be used as monitors. They use sometinhg else, like cones to display, than the PC that uses pixels. Another thing would be that the TV might be idling, meaning doind nothing as it may not recognise the PC, meaning, to power save, auto shuts off.

What model of TV do you have....or should I say, what size?

I have a 32" model, and I had to request a new one because of the shut off thing happening to me. LCDs and Plasmas run very hot....just like a PC, if they get too hot, they will shut down to prevent further damage to itself. It's almost like a programmed alarm.

If you keep experiencing the same problems, have them send you one until it quits doing what is happening. But it may be like mentioned before, it may not be correctly 'seeing' or identifying your PC and will go into power saving mode, just like a normal monitor does.

But you should be able to run a computer on your Dell TV without any problems what so ever.

Back
Top Bottom