Dell reinstall disc on HP?

bobcat

Beta member
OK, I'm no techno wizard when it comes to computers. I have a 2001 version HP that came with Windows ME. I bought and installed Windows XP with service pack 1 upgrade. Part of OEM was Adaptec Easy CD creator 4 which of course doesn't work with XP. I like to burn CD's, and I'm trying to reinstall a working program. I came by a Dell reinstall disc for Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.3.4 SP 8 basic system software, can I use and install this software on my HP and have the Easy CD creator and my burner work? Will this Dell cd hurt my HP in anyway? Thanks for your help.

do u mean the master disks?
because i have some 4 my Packard Bell lappy, i used them to re-install windows, even though its OEM. I can install free programs with it, but its probably different for HP,
try this:
go to Start > all programs > (seach through them) ad on mine theres a thing called smart restore and i can do it there, its probably specific to PB though
Hope that was some help :) :) :) :)

I guess that's what you'd call it. It must have originally came with a Dell machine. It says " For reinstalling Roxioo Easy CD creator 5.3.4, SP 8 Basic System Software". I got some reinstall disks with my HP when it was new. If it's basic software, I think it should work on my HP, correct? Any thoughts? Thanks

It should... you can try it... because I used Roxio CDs that came with my mom's dell and put them on my computer.. because I hate the new "Sonic RecordNow!" that comes on the new dells.. like mine..

Back
Top Bottom