Dell PSU help plz

xxxnullifierxxx

Baseband Member
i bought a Dimension E510 last year that has a 300W PSU and now i want to get a new Gfx card + plus b able to overclock :D Does anyone know if i could use aftermarket PSU on my dell and if so what kind? i only need about 500W
Thanks

so long as your computer uses the ATX or Mini-ATX for factor - almost all standard PSU will be compatible - but be careful with the motherboard power cable since some need a 20 Pin connector and some need a 24 pin connector.

^ then your good since no matter who makes the computer an atx for factor is more or less a guarantee it will work.

are you in the us?

Edit: Here are a few i found just quickly from http://www.newegg.com which are rated at 500W max and have 70% and 80% efficiency...

PSU 1 for $49.99

PSU 2 for $69.99

They are both SLI capable, with 2 12v rails, and two PCI-E connectors. PSU 1 has 70% efficiency at full load, and PSU 2 has 80% efficiency at full load. Both also have a 20+4 connector for the motherboard - which means it can be changed to suit a 20-Pin motherboard power connector or a 24-Pin connector. Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom