Dell Latitude D620 Graphics Card?

dellboy1

Beta member
Hi everyone im a new member here and i have a problem. I recently bought a dell latitude D620 for a very cheap price instead of buying a new laptop which i would of spent £260 more on. So heres the deal, i know the dell latitude d620 is very old (4 years have gone by since its release date in 2006) but i want to see if i will be able to customise is and upgrade it so that i can be actually say even though it is old i have done well with it.

However one thing i am really stuck on is the D620s graphics card , i have no clue about graphic cards and which is good or not. I want to be able to keep this D620 as my main laptop but i do want to play games on it so i want to know what type of graphics card this model has and if it is good or not? I do want to play decent games such as FPS/SIMS 3 etc.

I have done some research and found that this model has an Integrated graphics (Intel Media Accelerator 950) is this the graphics card?

Here are some other small questions if you can answer.
I have 2038MB RAM will have 4GB (the dell latitude can only use 3.5MB) be any more use?

If you could answer ANY of these questions your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you
Is the Intel Core (tm) 2 Duo a good processor?

hi

the laptop can only support 32bit OS which means windows will only see 3.5 gig of memory. The graphics card is not very good in this laptop and I dont believe you can upgrade it. You could also add a solid state hard-drive if you want the laptop to go a bit faster, but i guess the cost will be to much ?

Hi,

I've got a problem with my Dell D620 this morning. I've been working without my laptops LCD screen for about 7 months now as it stopped working. I had been using my external LCD monitor in this time and has been working perfectly fine. However, this morning the external monitor suddenly stopped recieving the signal as I was working away. I have rebooted the laptop, checked all the cables and used another laptop to check the monitor. All appear to be fine. On boot I can see on my laptops screen the dell logo and windows booting up with the screen being hazy (since the lcd on the monitor isn't working). I have ready that there maybe a graphics chip/card issue. Does this sound familiar?

I really could do with the screen showing on my external monitor as it's my work laptop. I've had this for nearly 4 years now and it's a wonderful laptop.

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Try the hotkeys on your laptop to change the monitor output. normally FN and one of the f keys.

It's FN F8 on mines. Been trying that exahaustively and getting no response from the monitor. The lcs screen appears to occasinally response but have to remember that the LCD screen on laptop is not working at all.

Does this sound like a failing/failed graphics chip/card? It was working fine for an hour this morning.

hi

the laptop can only support 32bit OS which means windows will only see 3.5 gig of memory. The graphics card is not very good in this laptop and I dont believe you can upgrade it. You could also add a solid state hard-drive if you want the laptop to go a bit faster, but i guess the cost will be to much ?

JCB Administrator,

You need to get your facts straight. The Latitude D620 has a 64 bit capable processor. I registered on here just to reply to this, because I've built more computers than you could ever dream of and I find it unbelievable that an "administrator" would spew off without looking something up.

i have a problem a have a laptop dell latitude and the screen splits in half and when i check on the graphic card its not on the system so i dont know if it needs a new card or new screen the screen works fine it starded to fail when it droped

i have a problem a have a laptop dell latitude and the screen splits in half and when i check on the graphic card its not on the system so i dont know if it needs a new card or new screen the screen works fine it starded to fail when it droped

First, strat your own thread. This thread has been dug up about 3 or 4 different times since the first post on 12-6-10.

Second, your going to have to re-organize your thoughts and try to tell us a little clearer what your problem is (in a new thread).

That's most likely because when you dropped something has broke maybe the solder has snapped, just put it in the oven for 7mins and come back in 2013 and tell us :)

Jokes by the way :p

Back
Top Bottom