Dell laptop screen problem

microcompiter

Baseband Member
I have an dell desktop inpiron 2200 with some problem.
I can't see anything on the screen, when I turn it on, you scan see the dell sign flash lightly on the screen, but then you don't see anything else.
I can hear the computer turn on and if I conect it on another screen you can see the icons and the windows on.
Also if I put the laptop in some angle you can see the icons lightly on the screen.
Is the screen gone??

If you're lucky, just the inverter board went out. Otherwise, the backlight for the LCD screen went out, in which case you would have to replace the whole screen. Inverter boards are a lot cheaper than replacement screens.

If you're lucky, just the inverter board went out. Otherwise, the backlight for the LCD screen went out, in which case you would have to replace the whole screen. Inverter boards are a lot cheaper than replacement screens.

where is the location of the inverter?

Hook it up to an external monitor and see if you can get the display to go onto it. This will tell you if the screen is bad or not.

Ok I've bought a inverterboard finaly, put it on, same problem.
I hit the screen with my and it came on, but then went out again, and didn't came on anymore.
What do you guys think

You said it works fine with external monitor, it means the graphic chips and card are alright.

When you hit the screen and it came on, is the image as clear as normal?
I think some wires inside is loose or the backlight got problem.
You need to bring it to the shop and they will use some meters to double check

Sounds like the backlight, or the ribbon cable, more than likely tho backlight. If you take the lcd apart, and can get an eye on the backlight, you can typically see if they go out,(typically there's a small crack or a burn mark on them). With it being an inspiron 2200 i'd just go on ebay and get an lcd for about $50 and just forget the headache, because no one will do a backlight for you for less than $50.

Back
Top Bottom