Dell Laptop and Docking Station issues

ksb007

Baseband Member
I am having problems with a laptop and docking station. When you connect the laptop to the docking station, it will freeze at startup after you enter your username and password. Using winXP. Eventually it will load into windows, but it takes between 5 to 10 minutes. When it is not connected to the docking station, it doesn't take any time at all and loads into windows normally. This problem started happening a couple of days ago when I noticed a large number of documents awaiting printing. When the documents were cleared, the problem stopped and then it started again today. There are no documents in the queue. Any ideas?

If it is a self powered docking station....unplug the power cord for about 10 minutes to reset itself and then plug it back in.

Yeah, it seems to me it could be the fact that it is drawing power from the laptop.
Do you have the laptop plugged into the power socket?
If so, have you checked its on? (My grandparents made this mistake, and wondered why the screen was darker and was running slower than usual)

I'm sure its just a simple problem like that anyway :)

If for example you didn't have the laptop connected to the power, this would be why it would be running slower if the docking station didn't have its own power.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom