Dell laptop

You should go for Alienware, even though they are owned by Dell they are better for gaming. But if you are not even going to use the laptop for a lot of things get a cheaper one, like an Insperation.

yea it is in inspiron...it is nice i watched a review on the 1520 compared the the new hp and the only real difference with the hp is it is thinner and has a glossy cover. the xps m1210 is nice but it is very very small a 12 inch screen is very small you don't think so until you actually see it. and the inspiron comes with 2gigs of ram for free and a 160 gig hd standard

Yes, I'd get it. Dells aren't all that bad. They're relatively cheap for prebuilt computers, and it's pretty hard to build a laptop yourself :p
As you've already done, just look for quality professional reviews. That's just to make sure whatever hardware Dell puts in it is good quality.

You should go for Alienware, even though they are owned by Dell they are better for gaming. But if you are not even going to use the laptop for a lot of things get a cheaper one, like an Insperation.

alienware are worse for gaming. try gaming with a radiator on ur lap. i have always disliked dell but now they have made ridculously cheap prices for the inspiron series.

Check this HP Pavilion out! http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=37782253
I've ordered stuff off there website before I know this is a refurbed but found it the other day helping someone and its a freaking steal!

Features

* 2.00 GHz Intel® Centrino® Duo mobile technology featuring Intel® Core ™ 2 Duo processor T7200
* HD DVD ROM with SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Double Layer
* Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
* HP Imprint Finish & HP Pavilion WebCam with Integrated Microphone
* Genuine Windows® Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Specifications
Microprocessor 2.00 GHz Intel® Centrino® Duo mobile technology featuring Intel® Core ™ 2 Duo processor T7200
Microprocessor Cache 4MB L2 Cache, 667MHz FSB

Memory
2048MB DDR2 (2 Dimm)
Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600
Video Memory Discrete 256MB
Hard Drive 240GB 5400RPM Hard Drive Dual HDD - 120GB x 2 (SATA)
Multimedia Drive HD DVD ROM with SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Double Layer
Display 17.0" WXGA+ High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Display (1440 x 900)
Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem
Network Card Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
Wireless Connectivity Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
Multimedia Features HP Imprint Finish & HP Pavilion WebCam with Integrated Microphone
Sound Altec Lansing
Keyboard Notebook keyboard with scroll bar and integrated numeric keypad; 2 Quick Launch Buttons-HP Quick Play Music and DVD
Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad
PC Card Slots 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)
External Ports

* 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
* 4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
* 1 Headphone out w/SPDIF Digital Audio
* 1 microphone-in
* 1 HDMI
* 1 VGA (15-pin)
* 1 TV-Out (S-video)
* 1 RJ-11 (modem)
* 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
* 1 Expansion Port 3, 1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin)
* 1 Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)

Dimensions 15.16 (L) x 11.65" (min W) x 1.57" (max H)
Weight 7.8lbs
Security

* Kensington® MicroSaver lock slot
* Power-on password
* Accepts 3rd party security lock devices

Power

* 90W AC Adapter
* 8-Cell Lithium-Ion battery

Operating System Genuine Windows® Vista Ultimate 64-bit

OMFG, that thing is a steal!!!!! Excellent specs and looks better than that Dell configuration I displayed. The only thing about that HP is the size. It's 17" so it's got to be a huge laptop. I could use that to replace my desktop PC :p. If you look at that laptop compare to my regular PC specs, it's no contest.

D'oh, lolz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was going to get an exhaust system put on my car too with this money. It's either I get the laptop or I get the exhaust. Very tough decision.

I went with the NEW Inspiron model instead of the XPS I had in mind. That XPS didn't look good and it has heat issues. Laptop was just too thick. The XPS M1330 would've been a better pick but I wasn't going to spend a lot for a laptop, plus, I don't plan on gaming on it.

So this is what I'm finally getting:

Inspiron 1420 Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7300 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/4MB cache)
Operation System Genuine Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium Edition

2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz
LCD Panel Anti-glare, widescreen 14.1 inch display (1280x800)
Video Card Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Hard Drive Speed: 160GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Integrated NIC and Modem Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem

Optical Drive CD / DVD writer (DVD+/-RW Drive)
Sound Card High Definition Audio 2.0
Wireless Networking Cards Intel® 3945 802.11a/g Mini-card

Battery Options 85Whr Lithium Ion Battery (9 cell)

TOTAL:$1,083.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Discounts and Coupons:
Thank you for taking advantage of your member purchase plan! View Details

Total Price
Sub-total $1,039.68

Whew, pretty good huh? A 2GHz Core 2 Duo laptop with 2GB DDR2 and a 160GB SATA Hard drive....man, all for nearly $1,000!!!! It has other goodies too like 8 in 1 media card reader, 4 USB ports, wi-fi indicator, advanced antenna, dual headphone port, tru-brite monitor, and what else? It's pretty loaded.

Back
Top Bottom