dell inspiron 530 graphics card question

so i just checked tracking on my order from newegg and its arrived and will be out for delivery in the morning. what do i need to know to put in the new RAM, and PSU, and video card.

do i just turn the whole comp off and then put in the ram cards in the open slots?

do i just unplug the plugs from the components and then pull the PSU. and then put the new PSU and connected all the plugs to the components?

and do i just slide the card through the slot in the case and press it into the slots on the motherboard?

well i got my stuff today and put it all in and when i tried to start up the computer after hooking the cords back up nothing happened.:mad: i talked to my dada who is a house electrician and he said it hey could here a noise from the power supply(which he thought was possibly a relay) when i press the power button in the front of the comp.

as far as i know i hooked everything back up correctly. one the power supply is hooked up to an outlet i see a yellow light on the motherboard right above the ram slots. so that make me believe im getting power to the mother board but im not sure.

im VERY frusterated and am not really sure what to do. there doesnt apear to be any thing very obvious that i did wrong.

the only things i changed in the computer are: 2 new 1gig ram cards, graphics card, and power supply.

any help or suggestions would be greatly aprecciated. thnks!!

hey my dads a electrician and we both are into rc planes and rc cars. now with the lithium(lipo) batteries we use, we have to have a special charger that is dc only, not ac. so its kinda a hassle to have to hook it up to a battery. and now i that i got my new power supply i have no use for my old 300w PSU. i gave it to my dad and he looked it over and was trying to determine if he can get 12 volts dc power out of it. he hooked up his meter to a few of the cords and got no were. just wondering if there is a schematic or a way of somehow getting dc out of my old PSU with out having it hooked up to a comp.

Back
Top Bottom