Dell Inspiron 1150

tevesh

Beta member
Hey All. I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop computer. I was using it earlier this week. It was working fine, except that charging jack was a little loose. I decided to explore, and found that the jack was not sautered to the board. I took it off, and rolled around, (as I lost my grip on it) and it shorted something out. I know this because it made a noise, and a nasty smell. Right now, the computer will not boot to POST, BIOS and let alone, Windows XP. I have tried re-sautering the part to the MOBO, which worked, but it still does not boot up. When I push the power button, the computer's hard drive and disk drive will spin for about 4-5 seconds. Then the computer shuts off. The power LED and the charging LED are both on when I push the button. When the computer shuts off, both of those lights go off. They come back on about 2-3 seconds after the computer has shut it self off. As of right now, I am completely stumped, which is why I am turning to the help of this forum. Thanks so much in advance.

Colin/tevesh

Back
Top Bottom