Dell Dimension 8400 VGA troubles

Glassjaw1

Beta member
Buddy recently inherited a computer from his family, a Dell Dimension 8400. When I run Dxdiag it shows no graphics controller, nor does it say in system information. While lookinag at the VGA itself it displays no markings and the heatsink is covered with a plain white sticker.

I tried to install various drivers listed on the Dell website using trial and error, however when I run the drivers it will extract and begin setup fine, however when the ATI splash screen pops up no loading box follows, it just closes entirely.

Any thoughts?

Tried, no avail.

The card is properly installed, power cord connected, and is set properly in Bios.

The problem doesn't relate to the 8400 graphics card, however the graphics card that could be found inside of a Dell Dimension 8400 computer.

GPU Caps Viewer doesn't show any information regarding the graphics card, oddly. Is it possible that the card itself is just completely dead and thus would not show up in System info, Dxdiag, etc.?

When I attempt to install drivers a prompt pops up saying "Setup could not find supported hardware for these drivers" or something similar.

Back
Top Bottom