Dell Dimension 4300

vr67

Baseband Member
A friend of mine wants to sell me one for 15$(with a monitor) but it comes without a HD,,,,, So I was wondering if anyone knows what type of HD I need.:eek:

its gonna have to be IDE

p-IDE.jpg

A friend of mine wants to sell me one for 15$(with a monitor) but it comes without a HD,,,,, So I was wondering if anyone knows what type of HD I need.:eek:
Any hard drive you want, as long as it's IDE. If you have a spare one laying around you can use that. Or you can buy one, they have them anywhere from 80gb all the way up to 1 tb in a variety of prices.

Ok, I might think of buying it, but where (In A store) can I find cheap IDE HD.???(I found one at micro center for $49.99[250GB] )

The 250GB drive at Micro Center sounds like a winner. Can't beat that price.

definitely is a good price, get it, since it's so big, partition it into 2 drives, one about 40GB for your OS and then the other 200 on the other partition for storage, that way if your OS ever bombs, you can just reformat the one partition and reinstall without messing up most of your saved files...

Hello VR67,

I'd highly recommend you select that hard drive, as that value is much better than most products found in stores, especially for hard drives.

I did some research and found that the Dell Dimension 4300 only supports up to 512MB of PC133 RAM memory, which means it will definitely run Windows XP fine but will slip when multitasking or during media playback or creation. I am only suggesting this because of the lack of memory: In the near future if you find that you're having trouble with performance, set up a partition and dual-boot XUbuntu Linux. The level customization and the ease of use is phenomenal, and if you do actually do this, feel free to post any questions.

By utilizing Linux, it is possible to add on years of endless functionality and productivity to your investment.

Good luck, vr67!

Oh. yeah I have a question, when i play games(that use 256mb of ram)My computer reboots in the middle of me playing, any ideas why.....

Back
Top Bottom