Dell D8794 cpu fan

setishock

Wizard of Wires
When I striped my E521 for it's parts something told me to hang on to this fan. It's a 119mm x 119mm x 35mm high velocity fan. 2 pins for power, 1 for the tach, and 1 for a speed control signal.
I've been playing around with it on a power supply and it can move a lot of air. It can launch the cellophane off a pack of smokes to the ceiling.
According to the specs on the sticker it also draws 1.4 amps. Not milliamps, amps. I checked at Intel and the plug for it on my DP35DP is rated at 2.5 amps. Good to go there. But I don't like not knowing what the max rpm is and what the cfm rating is also.
I found the one Dellta made for Dell and that one specs out to>
Size: 120x120x38 mm
Bearing System: Double Ball Bearing
Rated Voltage: 12V ( 4.00 ~ 13.40 )
Input Current: 1.60A
Max Speed: 3900 RPM
Air Flow: 148.34 CFM
Tachometer (RPM Sensor): Yes
PWM (Pulse Width Modulation): Yes

I would venture Dell told the fan makers what they wanted and had them custom make them. It's really been a hassle to find anything on the Nidec version. I'm just wondering if I'm right about the specs being pretty much the same for this model from both vendors.
picture.php

I'm posting this at several forums. Maybe some one will come up with the specs for this thing. Already did the Dell and Google thing.

Thanks AR but I already looked at the Nidec site. The part number that's on the sticker starts with B35. The ones I've looked at there are B34. It's a custom fan so I guess the only way to figure out the rpm's is to hook it up and monitor the bios.

Back
Top Bottom