Dell computers, are they really that bad?

yes dell are a piece of junk for extreme upgraders although i survived with one for 2 years. put a radeon 9550 and 768 RAM 2.0Ghz processor ran DooM 3 well enough for very good quality. but it couldnt beat my new system its only upgradeable to 1024 RAM(2 X 512) and you cant find 400MHZ FSB processors i would never buy one again. if your lookin to get a new system that can meet your demands for the next few years read up and then Newegg

dells are ok, theyre just the worst things on earth to upgrade, i remember upgrading mine...i ended up having to buy a new case, motherboard and vid card

Dell Is Good For Burning/Internet/Working On.

I'd would not get a Dell because I game, but we already have one, I got my own Pc so I dont worry.

Yeah, I'm nt exactly saying Dells are bad in the complete sense of the word. At least, I don't mean it to come out that way.
Its just, if you prefer to choose whats in the computer, you don't have a choice, and if you want to upgrade, you also don't really have a choice (though maybe some small things can be)

But yeah, its fine for a user that wants to buy a PC, play to there hearts content doing buisness work, or games of course, but will know that after about a year or so, the computer will be out of date and will start to look old to them, and they can't really do anything about it without spending alot of money.

Also, a pre-built machine would be fine for someone that didn't care, as it'd probably last them a long time (Maybe 5 years or something) doing what they want to do on it, as long as its not high running games.
If you put it in the 5 year terms, its a very good deal, but most wouldn't want to keep it running for that long with what it had originally.

To update, you'd end up having to change the motherboard and probably the entire PC to get it up to scratch again, so its like your modding your own system by the end of it anyway, so you could build one and save you the trouble :p

Well, apparantly with the new AMD systems, Dell should fix it, but they might not. Their price will be like $1200 at least i think...Let's hope for the best

Back
Top Bottom