Dell Computer to a hp monitor, please help!

jakenbake42

Beta member
Ok here's the predicament, I have a Dell gx280 and I can not connect it to the hp 1702 monitor I have here, and I'm pretty sure I should be able to
on the back of the dell i have a 9 pin [with pins not holes] vga and some sort of 30-40 something pin input [with holes] thing at the bottom
The monitor has a 15 pin male connector
and the computer came with a converter that is like a splitter for this 30-40 pin input thing to make it connect to something else [definitely not standard vga]
please help me as soon as you can!
thanks in advance

are you talking about a DVI connector and a VGA connector?

Can you post pictures of your connectors...it'd be much easier to help you with your problem.

The output is probably DVI, and the input on the monitor, D-sub (VGA). Wikipedia can aid you with pictures if you search for either one. Your monitor may even have HDMI input.

The output is probably DVI, and the input on the monitor, D-sub (VGA). Wikipedia can aid you with pictures if you search for either one. Your monitor may even have HDMI input.

i think he's using the wrong converter....but i'm not sure.

please let me know what else i can do

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

And I want to connect this to a monitor with a 15 pin vga male connector

That's DVI, you will need a DVI to VGA adapter.

Something like this should work.

Sorry for the double post....

That black piece is covering up a VGA connector. But you will most likely have to remove the other video card in order for it to work.

Back
Top Bottom