dell, alienware, acer, LG so many different brands what are advantages/disadvantages

bobjane26

Solid State Member
ive always wondered what the differences between them all are. for example which ones are better for gaming/ cheapest or most reliable....
im not a masive enthusiest but id like to hear some peoples opinions/thoughts or feelings.

if your talking about there prebuilt computers:

There are no advantages, None of them are 'reliable', Each company is trying to screw you over and do the best sandbagging they can do until they can get every dollar they can get from you.

Yeah thats alittle harsh, but i speak from experience. Building your own comp is the way to go:

newegg.com
tigerdirect.com

so much cheaper it seems as well

is it possible to build your own laptops too or is that just not worth it???
P.S. im always on the move and need mobil computing.

I wouldn't try building your own laptop. There really is no standard between companies.So, even if you build one, it's going to be identical to one you can buy.

If you build your own laptop... It's possible but it will be very large in most cases. I agree with Prodigy, Building your own computer is the way to go so you know what your part's are and what you have so you know your limits. If you buy a pre-made desktop computer... You dont really learn what your part's are and you cant explore and know your limits.

But, If you still dont want to build but it's highly recommended building it yourself. Alienware is for extreme gamers, Along with the Dell XPS Series. The other's arnt really so much gaming in my experience.

do NOT build your own laptop unless you have someone with you who has experience doing it. Ive built a laptop before, harder than a desktopimo. Btw, yes, all name brand computers are a rip off, there just trying to get more money for there POS systems. Best way to go if your building a desktop is custom, but if you HAVE to buy a laptop, go with dell, there laptops are reliable but not there desktops, ive had 2 laptops through them.

Back
Top Bottom