Deletion of bookmarks and bittorrents

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
I was dling some bittorents and I had a bunch of boomakrs in firefox. One day after coming home from the gym I logged on to find all my bitorrents deleted and my bookmarks on firefox gone. I think we might of had a power outage. Considering the lights on main street where out as I was driving down. I updated and scanned for virsus. And ran it. I don't have the worm thats been going around. And reformatting my HD will ONLY and I say ONLY very last result. Any suggetions on what I can do?

Maybe u got busted.. :p

Is the deletion of bookmarks and torrent happening all the time`? If not then what to do want the help with. If the virus scanner said no viruses it is unlikely that there is a virus. (ofcourse it's possible) But if u suspect it's some kind of a virus then check the startup for applications that don't need to be there.

Ah good point. I don't create restore points though. So is that still a option. Frankly I'm not worried about lossing bookmarks and bitorrents. I still know where to get everything back. My concern is how did it happen and how can I prevent it. Running spydoc now. Ran microsoft spyware beta. Going run one more spyware and report back.

Well, if the power did go out, something like that could couse some software issues, but it's hard to say. There are a variety of reasons something like that might happen.

As for the restore points, Windows automatically creates them at certain points and events. It's worth checking just to see. I'd be willing to bet that there's a recent one on there.

Back
Top Bottom