Defragmentationising? wat is it

RAFDOG

In Runtime
what is defragmenting your hard drive in detail cause it helps your computer thats all i reall know and im gonan do it maybe but i wanna know wat it does

I don't know either, but it's suggested you do it periodically. I haven't done it in *_* like 3 months, but i just reformatted.

I got this expanation from google...
"As advanced as hard drives have become, one item they are not very good at is housekeeping, or maybe that should be drive keeping. When files are created, deleted, or modified it's almost a certainty they will become fragmented. Fragmented simply means the file is not stored in one place in its entirety, or what computer folks like to call a contiguous location. Different parts of the file are scattered across the hard disk in noncontiguous pieces. The more fragmented files there are on a drive, the more performance and reliability suffer as the drive heads have to search for all the pieces in different locations. The Disk Defragmenter Utility is designed to reorganize noncontiguous files into contiguous files and optimize their placement on the hard drive for increased reliability and performance."

Oh nice so it dosnt actually delete anyrthing mad

Thanks for that im gonna do it now

When you store stuff in your hard drive, it doesnt nesessarily get put in order and right next to each other. So when you defragment it, it compacts and "organizes" the hard drive for you. I remember back in the day, when you had to manually defrag block by block....:p

Back
Top Bottom