defragging

crazyman143

Fully Optimized
If you defrag windows while you are running it, there are certain files that cannot be moved because they are in use.

So, if I make a live cd with bartpe and boot to it, and run a defrag from there, will I get a better defrag than I would if I ran it through windows?

just curious.

umm, well this computer I'm on now (which I'm defragging) has 128 mb ram, 900 MHz AMD proccessor, integrated savage4 cd graphics, 30 GB hdd.

yeah that's what I usually do, I was just wondering because I did it once and i wasn't there were no "unmovable files" this way.

Google for an app called EndItAll (it used to be freeware and some sites still host the freeware version for d/load) use it to kill all unnecessary background apps before defragging. (That's what I do anyway)

If you boot through a live cd, I dont think you can defrag the windows partition.

Besides, its easier to do it in safe mode then to attempt it in a linux live cd.

well then I suppose I won't make a habit of using live cds for defragging then, but yes ArrizX, you can defrag it through a live cd if you want. btw I like what you said for your Location... I love mountain dew!!

Back
Top Bottom