Dedicated and on-board sound card- 1 for Audio 1 for microphone recordings

madanchi

Daemon Poster
So I don't know much in the audio department and am looking for some help. I have an M-Audio Delta Audiophile sound card to listen to audio, but using an on-board card for microphone support as I haven't got the M-Audio setup for microphone.

Question is, I cannot hear any recording from the microphone through my dedicated sound card. Obviously I cant hear audio through my on-board but surely I would hear what I've recorded through the on-board and listen via my dedicated?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Searched through a few threads but nothing specific to my question, unless I missed one which I apologise for

What do you mean you don't have the M-Audio set up for microphone? Usually it's a matter of connecting the mic and turning the volume up to a point where it responds after you make sure it's not muted?

Generally speaking, you only want one audio card enabled, but that's just my frugal thinking on the matter. I usually use some matter of Sound Blaster (X-Fi) to do my audio tasks.

i completely agree, but the thing is, this m-audio card doesn't have a microphone socket to connect. I have to get an adapter of some sort which I cant remember the name of. Take a look at the pics below.

dsc0001.png

dsc0002r.png

Also I'm looking into getting a new sound card some time soon and selling this one

edit: Managed to get the microphone working now, did some disabling and enabling sound cards in Sound under Playback Devices and it now works. I tried that many time before with no luck, so i'm not quite sure what I did differently this time, probably something I overlooked and didn't take notice of

Back
Top Bottom