Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-08-2006, 01:52 AM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Decent GFX Card?

yes, the 7600GT is an nVidia class card, although you will find a lot of other companies manufacturing it.

Yes, newegg is a good site to buy from. I bought mine from there... In fact, here is the exact one I bought.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130283

Looks like the price dropped $10 since I got it just over a month ago. (April 28th)

MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:53 AM   #12
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to V3RT1G0 Send a message via MSN to V3RT1G0 Send a message via Yahoo to V3RT1G0

and what specs will i need on my motherboard cuz i think i have one PCI slot open and one PCI-e 1x open too and not to sure if i need AGP or even if i have it

Old 06-08-2006, 01:53 AM   #13
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to MarxSoccer Send a message via AIM to MarxSoccer Send a message via MSN to MarxSoccer Send a message via Yahoo to MarxSoccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner
yes, the 7600GT is an nVidia class card, although you will find a lot of other companies manufacturing it.

Yes, newegg is a good site to buy from. I bought mine from there... In fact, here is the exact one I bought.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130283

Looks like the price dropped $10 since I got it (about 3 or 4 weeks ago now)
NVidia makes the GPU, in this case the 7600GT. Brands like Evga or XTX make the actual card using NVidia's GPU
MarxSoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:55 AM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarxSoccer
NVidia makes the GPU, in this case the 7600GT. Brands like Evga or XTX make the actual card using NVidia's GPU
Yeah I know. Just didn't feel like getting even remotely technical :P

Some companies like to tinker with the GPU and memory clock though.. i'll never understand why some of them throttle it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RT1G0
and what specs will i need on my motherboard cuz i think i have one PCI slot open and one PCI-e 1x open too and not to sure if i need AGP or even if i have it
You don't need AGP to use a PCI-E card. As long as you have a PCI-E Slot and a decent power supply, it should work.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:56 AM   #15
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to V3RT1G0 Send a message via MSN to V3RT1G0 Send a message via Yahoo to V3RT1G0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarxSoccer
yea i noticed they just use the nvidia chipset and they manufacture the board its on... well ill go with that link you gave me i guess now just got to save up a little more
Old 06-08-2006, 01:58 AM   #16
Golden Master

Quote:
yea i noticed they just use the nvidia chipset and they manufacture the board its on... well ill go with that link you gave me i guess now just got to save up a little more
You'll be glad you did, cs source runs at 1024x768, all details maxed, HDR Full, 16x anistropic filtering.. runs very nicely. (Although using both HDR and AA makes it slightly sluggish..)
Old 06-08-2006, 01:58 AM   #17
Fully Optimized

Wait a moment, you need a PCI-E x 16 slot, not x 1. Make sure you have one of those. It should be a longer PCI-looking slot with a clip on the end, and make sure it isn't AGP!
Jamxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:59 AM   #18
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner
You'll be glad you did, cs source runs at 1024x768, all details maxed, HDR Full, 16x anistropic filtering.. runs very nicely. (Although using both HDR and AA makes it slightly sluggish..)
sounds good lol... and by enough power supply, will the power box on my Dell E310 stock work for the card? and where to i put the board when i get it? (PCI or PCI-e)
Old 06-08-2006, 02:00 AM   #19
Golden Master

Ah, thats true. Needs to be the longer 16x type (although I have never seen a board with a PCI-E 1x slot and no PCI-E 16x slot..)

Yeah, post your motherboard dude, that way we can make sure.

Quote:
sounds good lol... and by enough power supply, will the power box on my Dell E310 stock work for the card? and where to i put the board when i get it? (PCI or PCI-e)
310 watts? heck no. You may want to invest in a new Power supply it seems.

The card will only fit in a PCI-E 16x slot.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:05 AM   #20
Baseband Member

alright heres my motherboard (its all stock from dell) and no the model of my computer is the e310 i dont know how much power my power box has

sorry the pics arent that clear and theres also some info on the dell site if u guys need more