Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-08-2006, 01:52 AM   #11
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Decent GFX Card?

yes, the 7600GT is an nVidia class card, although you will find a lot of other companies manufacturing it.

Yes, newegg is a good site to buy from. I bought mine from there... In fact, here is the exact one I bought.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130283

Looks like the price dropped $10 since I got it just over a month ago. (April 28th)
__________________

MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:53 AM   #12
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to V3RT1G0 Send a message via MSN to V3RT1G0 Send a message via Yahoo to V3RT1G0
Default Re: Decent GFX Card?

and what specs will i need on my motherboard cuz i think i have one PCI slot open and one PCI-e 1x open too and not to sure if i need AGP or even if i have it
__________________

__________________
Dell E310 | Intel Pentium 4 HT 521 AKA Prescott 2.8 ghz Dual Threads | 512mb Samsung DDR2 RAM | Intel Extreme Gfx
(lol) soon to be upgraded | 17 inch CRT Screen (lol) | My Website - www.fuseix.com
V3RT1G0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:53 AM   #13
BSOD
 
MarxSoccer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,999
Send a message via ICQ to MarxSoccer Send a message via AIM to MarxSoccer Send a message via MSN to MarxSoccer Send a message via Yahoo to MarxSoccer
Default Re: Decent GFX Card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner
yes, the 7600GT is an nVidia class card, although you will find a lot of other companies manufacturing it.

Yes, newegg is a good site to buy from. I bought mine from there... In fact, here is the exact one I bought.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130283

Looks like the price dropped $10 since I got it (about 3 or 4 weeks ago now)
NVidia makes the GPU, in this case the 7600GT. Brands like Evga or XTX make the actual card using NVidia's GPU
MarxSoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:55 AM   #14
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Decent GFX Card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarxSoccer
NVidia makes the GPU, in this case the 7600GT. Brands like Evga or XTX make the actual card using NVidia's GPU
Yeah I know. Just didn't feel like getting even remotely technical :P

Some companies like to tinker with the GPU and memory clock though.. i'll never understand why some of them throttle it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RT1G0
and what specs will i need on my motherboard cuz i think i have one PCI slot open and one PCI-e 1x open too and not to sure if i need AGP or even if i have it
You don't need AGP to use a PCI-E card. As long as you have a PCI-E Slot and a decent power supply, it should work.
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:56 AM   #15
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to V3RT1G0 Send a message via MSN to V3RT1G0 Send a message via Yahoo to V3RT1G0
Default Re: Decent GFX Card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarxSoccer
NVidia makes the GPU, in this case the 7600GT. Brands like Evga or XTX make the actual card using NVidia's GPU
yea i noticed they just use the nvidia chipset and they manufacture the board its on... well ill go with that link you gave me i guess now just got to save up a little more
__________________
Dell E310 | Intel Pentium 4 HT 521 AKA Prescott 2.8 ghz Dual Threads | 512mb Samsung DDR2 RAM | Intel Extreme Gfx
(lol) soon to be upgraded | 17 inch CRT Screen (lol) | My Website - www.fuseix.com
V3RT1G0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:58 AM   #16
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Decent GFX Card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RT1G0
yea i noticed they just use the nvidia chipset and they manufacture the board its on... well ill go with that link you gave me i guess now just got to save up a little more
You'll be glad you did, cs source runs at 1024x768, all details maxed, HDR Full, 16x anistropic filtering.. runs very nicely. (Although using both HDR and AA makes it slightly sluggish..)
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:58 AM   #17
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,887
Default Re: Decent GFX Card?

Wait a moment, you need a PCI-E x 16 slot, not x 1. Make sure you have one of those. It should be a longer PCI-looking slot with a clip on the end, and make sure it isn't AGP!
Jamxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:59 AM   #18
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to V3RT1G0 Send a message via MSN to V3RT1G0 Send a message via Yahoo to V3RT1G0
Default Re: Decent GFX Card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner
You'll be glad you did, cs source runs at 1024x768, all details maxed, HDR Full, 16x anistropic filtering.. runs very nicely. (Although using both HDR and AA makes it slightly sluggish..)
sounds good lol... and by enough power supply, will the power box on my Dell E310 stock work for the card? and where to i put the board when i get it? (PCI or PCI-e)
__________________
Dell E310 | Intel Pentium 4 HT 521 AKA Prescott 2.8 ghz Dual Threads | 512mb Samsung DDR2 RAM | Intel Extreme Gfx
(lol) soon to be upgraded | 17 inch CRT Screen (lol) | My Website - www.fuseix.com
V3RT1G0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:00 AM   #19
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Decent GFX Card?

Ah, thats true. Needs to be the longer 16x type (although I have never seen a board with a PCI-E 1x slot and no PCI-E 16x slot..)

Yeah, post your motherboard dude, that way we can make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RT1G0
sounds good lol... and by enough power supply, will the power box on my Dell E310 stock work for the card? and where to i put the board when i get it? (PCI or PCI-e)
310 watts? heck no. You may want to invest in a new Power supply it seems.

The card will only fit in a PCI-E 16x slot.
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:05 AM   #20
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to V3RT1G0 Send a message via MSN to V3RT1G0 Send a message via Yahoo to V3RT1G0
Default Re: Decent GFX Card?

alright heres my motherboard (its all stock from dell) and no the model of my computer is the e310 i dont know how much power my power box has











sorry the pics arent that clear and theres also some info on the dell site if u guys need more
__________________

__________________
Dell E310 | Intel Pentium 4 HT 521 AKA Prescott 2.8 ghz Dual Threads | 512mb Samsung DDR2 RAM | Intel Extreme Gfx
(lol) soon to be upgraded | 17 inch CRT Screen (lol) | My Website - www.fuseix.com
V3RT1G0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0