Debug Assertion Failed

gunslinger2787

Solid State Member
While I assume you guys dont deal with gameing problems, this problem more so concerns a mouse problem:
When I try to start the game Battlefield 2 I get this pop up and the game fails to load. When I went to gaming forums with this problem, they told my to come here. So I did.
The pop is as follows:

BF2 Error-------------------------------------------------------------

Debug assertion failed!

Version: 1.0.2446.12 Build date: 2005-6-7 15:24
Module: Input
File:-c:\dice\Projects\BF2Branches\BF2Demo\Code\BF2\IO\Input\MouseDevice.cpp
Line: 59

Text: InputDeviceBase error other error -2147467259

Current confile:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have no clue what this means, the file location it gives doesnt even exist, but Im not the computer savy so beats me. Someone help me please.

The game is legall yes, its just the demo. And I have a USB Logitech optical wheelmouse, it came with my 2 1/2 year old gateway comp.

ok, try reinstalling the drivers, and if that does not work, try Dl them from the makers web site! Also what r your Specs???

Oh and I forgot to mention I've tried other mouses as well. I had two mouses, and when I disabled one of them the problem went away. But now when I disable it the problem is still there, I even uninstalled the other mouse and I get the pop up, Im thinking maybe theres conflicting software, but ive deleted everything I can think of related to my old mouse. I dont know what to do, which is why Im here.

Nah when I used the other mouse I got the same thing, which made me think conflicting software. As fat as my comps specs go Im not the computer literate so bare with me and ask if theres any additional info you need.
Intel Pentium 4 - 2.53 gH
1022 mB RAM
Video Card- Radeon 9800pro 128mb

As I said earlier, I got the game to work at one point yesterday, but once I re-enabled my other mouse all hell broke loose.lol.

I reinstalled the drivers and still no luck

Back
Top Bottom