Dear helpers

Mark Belfour

Beta member
Hello folks,

I've bought myself a new computer the other day because my old one crashed during a thunderstorm. The old computer works but there are certain things that don't work at all.
In my old computer I had an extra hard drive (not boot) and I really want to assemble that hard drive into my new computer. What I really want to know is if my old hard drive can be combined with my new computer.
My new computer is a Fujitsu/Siemens Scaleo P (http://www.fujitsu-siemens.se/Resources/30/463260357.pdf) and the old hard drive is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 Plus Ultra ATA. 160 GB. If I can do it, do I put both as cable select and assemble the boot drive furthest away on the IDE-cable and the extra one on the intermediate jacket?

Mark

Mark Belfour said:
do I put both as cable select and assemble the boot drive furthest away on the IDE-cable and the extra one on the intermediate jacket?

yeah that should work. Atleast in my computer I had the boot drive further away than the other drive. Or then u could just set the jumpers to master and slave, the one with windows being the master. U can try different combinations if u can't get it working, u won't screw anything up.

And then make sure to go to bios and check that the hdd with windows has a higher boot priority.

Back
Top Bottom