is this a deal on a laptop yes or no??

aprince

Beta member
ive been using a mac for years 10 to be exact..

anyway i dont own a laptop nor can i afford a ibook etc but i found
an older compaq for 300 i dunno much about non mac prices

the system

xp pro i rather not have vista xp is preferred

1.8 amd sempron
2 gig ram
80 gig hd
nvidia 6150
15.4 widescreen
cdrw/dvd
wifi

is it worth 300 bucks ill be using it for web/office programs/previous adobe illustrator/photoshop cs3 i think not the newest one..

anyone?

thanks in advance

actually I worked with compaqs with Oz computers, their easy and their good, their really reliable I was told by the guy who taught me, and suits me he has been doing it for 35years.

Well i can tell you differently from personal experience,Compaqs and HP's are made with low quality parts,but with good case design,but full of propietry hp or Compaq only parts.Take the motherboard headers for instance,when i did a mobo transplant,i had to re-wire everything on the case so the LED's and buttons worked.

yes, blah blah, I use to fix them all day everyday for 2 years, id rather take a guys advice who has been on and fixing these pc's for an awful long time then a kid with less then so many years expreince, ive been on computers for 10years now but I still don't know much, well, i can do many thingsa but to tell you, compaqs are good, their no shit their not dear their just spot on, you pay for what you get. and what you get is well worth it, they are very stable systems actually.

please do post something more creditable then that

Ok,This is just going to turn into another flame war,So im simply just going to leave it here.I'd rather stick to my personal experiences then to someone else's opinion.

And im not a kid with only so many year of experience.I run my own computer business and im also studying in IT at the moment.

yer your 15 and your running a computer business? LMFAO, you think thats a good trade? no its one of the worst, yes here is more advice, most pc company's don't have good parts in because they have them made for them selfs, why? well if you can build pc parts you need a company to sign a contract, thats why their so cheap, if you want a good pc with good pc parts you need to see yourself to a proper brand such as alien ware.

Anyhow, ive been their and done that, ive done IT, its sucks lol, no money in it what so ever.

you'd rather stcik to your own? well your wrong lol, google this: is Compaq good?

you'll see much more people saying yes then saying no as yourself.

goodluck in life LMFAO

Back
Top Bottom