deadly virus attack!!helpppp

lol ummm. i dont think this is a good place to say where i dl my stuff from, last time i said something i got a warning.

but could viruses come from music?
other people that dl the same things as me never get any..

Viruses can come from anything. If you use a shareware program (limewire expecially) then you will probably catch a couple. Get AVG Free, as it works great and will catch the viruses right after you catch them.

Dealing with the sys. restore isn't a bad thing. There have been many known viruses that hide in there and if you disable it with them in there they can't do anything, but you can still catch them. However, with him booting in safe mode it wouldn't really matter anyways..

cool thanks
btw i dont use limewire or any other shareware program.
and i heard about avg free, but it doesnt delete the virus, it only quarentine it, what good is that?

why the hell would you turn off system restore? because once he has scanned it and deleted it and what happens if he catches another one? well then he can't restore because he turned it of, what a stupid suggestion

Lot's of virsues hide on the system restore points. by disabling system restore, you delete all restore points and all viruses stored on those restore points.

why the hell would you turn off system restore? because once he has scanned it and deleted it and what happens if he catches another one? well then he can't restore because he turned it of, what a stupid suggestion

in correct this is standard practice when removing a virus, when you download a fix or go to your av site most times you told to switch of your system restore, you remove the virus first then switch it off, reboot your computer and rescan your PC if its clean then switch back on, by not resetting it all you will do is reinfect you system from your system restore as that will have been effected first, when you get a virus like that your system restore doesn't work most times anyway, if you follow the fixes given by you AV website then you will not harm your PC if you do just run a windows repair or reinstall your OS.

Back
Top Bottom