Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-19-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to abowlofrice
Default deadly virus attack!!helpppp

Hi i just got infected with a virus that keeps "pressing" random buttons on my keyboard. Whenever I log on to windows, my computer just starts doing random things like tabbing and opening programs and files. i didnt get a good look at the name of the virus but i think its sv****.exe

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:54 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: deadly virus attack!!helpppp

1st Update ur untivirus, and download spybot (do a full update)

2nd Go to Control Panel then go to systems (I asume u have XP) under the System Restore tab check "turn off system restore" Do this only if u sure u will not use it. U can turn it back on after. Sometimes turning this off will help in catching a virus when u scan

3rd. Go to safe mod. U can do that by clicking start - run, then type "msconfig" In the Boot.in select /safeboot. & restart pc

4th Do a full virus scan & Spybot scan then restart and let us know

Cheers m8

- 120GB Crucial C300 SSD & 3X WD640AAKS HDD
- Dell 24" 2408WFP & 2407WFP-HC Monitor
Zer0Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:49 AM   #3
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

I Think what you should do,Is Considering he cant even use his computer,beacuase it has a mind of its own,I Would Download This:

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Burn it,and then boot from it,and run the Anti Virus Stuff on it.

Or Boot Into Safe mode and run your Anti virus stuff.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:14 AM   #4
Golden Master

None of the processes should load up if he boots into safe mode so he should be able to run the scans without getting distracted.
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:46 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to blackjack

Yep boot into safe mode and run a scan you must have picked up some malware or something, I would think your system restore will allready be effected as this is one of the first places to get hit when a virus gets in, Post the results of the scan if you can, did you open a downloaded file when this all started?.
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:54 AM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

sounds like the process that looks like the windows svchost.exe but has a slightly different name. scvhost.exe or something. try and kill the process when you logon if it will let you. i also suggest "hijack this" to clear the crap from your registry. also work in safe mode if the whole killing the process thing doesnt work
Old 04-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #7
xxcobraxx

why the hell would you turn off system restore? because once he has scanned it and deleted it and what happens if he catches another one? well then he can't restore because he turned it of, what a stupid suggestion
Old 04-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx cobra xx View Post
why the hell would you turn off system restore? because once he has scanned it and deleted it and what happens if he catches another one? well then he can't restore because he turned it of, what a stupid suggestion
disabling system restore isnt a bad thing. good virus scanners and stuff are the best way to remove it. also system restore only undo's system changes, so if youve got a virus in one of your downloads or something it will do jack s**t
Old 04-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #9
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to abowlofrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodude112320 View Post
I Think what you should do,Is Considering he cant even use his computer,beacuase it has a mind of its own,I Would Download This:

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Burn it,and then boot from it,and run the Anti Virus Stuff on it.

Or Boot Into Safe mode and run your Anti virus stuff.
woot ty!!!

also i dont know why im constantly getting viruses. I don't go to weird websites that i don't know of and i never dl anything except music. My friend doesnt have anti-virus either and he never catches any of this stuff. Is my computer infected with something that attracts viruses?
Old 04-20-2008, 04:23 PM   #10
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx cobra xx View Post
You clearly didn’t do enough research to say this. I don’t know the technical aspects of why u need to disable it, but there were lots of cases when it helped. Like Dude sad "also system restore only undo's system changes, so if you’ve got a virus in one of your downloads or something it will do jack s**t"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abowlofrice View Post
woot ty!!!

also i dont know why im constantly getting viruses. I don't go to weird websites that i don't know of and i never dl anything except music. My friend doesnt have anti-virus either and he never catches any of this stuff. Is my computer infected with something that attracts viruses?
Where do u download ur music from? Do a temp folder clean as well as all ur browser history, cookies....etc

- 120GB Crucial C300 SSD & 3X WD640AAKS HDD
- Dell 24" 2408WFP & 2407WFP-HC Monitor
Zer0Cool is offline   Reply With Quote