Dead Toshiba after cleaning :((

dan03

Solid State Member
I just tried to open my toshiba satellite L670 to clean the fan and stop it from over heating.... I actually couldnt even get to the heatsink as I needed a different screwdriver but tried to clean it as much as I could and then I tried to turn it on. It seemed to power up, I could hear the harddisk and other stuff working but the screen never turned on, then after about 15-30 seconds the fan blows very hard for a second and it shut off....

Any idea what this could be? I was thining the screen wasnt plugged plugged in property but then why would the computer shutdown?

my best bet is that you have accidently disconnected some connectors.
open it up again and look closely after something that is loose or disconnected.

I would go back and strip it down again to the rebuild slowly and carefully making sure everything is correctly inserted and that the ribbon tabs are locked down. The marked line on any ribbon cables should align with the locking mechanism. This ensures that it is properly inserted into the socket.

If that don't work it may be worth pulling out the CMOS battery ( if removable) to reset the bios settings.

Hope you sort it. I know the feeling when you strip a laptop down only to find it won't turn on properly after :(

Turned out the RAM wasnt in properly. Coulda swore it clicked in perfect but oh well... problems SOLVED! :)

Back
Top Bottom