Dead PC, I have tried everything I can think of. Help please

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
I have a desktop PC custom built that will not turn on at all ! i have tried removing everything to the core components, changing the PSU, shorting the power pins, clearing the CMOS, reseating all main components. ????????

Any ideas ?

You got a multimeter?
Verify you are getting mains to the PSU (what, 220vac in GB?). unplug ther unit from the mains for >10 minutes, plug in, then verify the PSU is generating 5vdc on the Standby bus (purple wire). Try powering it on and watch for fan movement, lights, etc. It may be only momentary. If so, then you have a short in the system, likely a portion of the motherboard touching the case where it shouldn't be.

purple to black is reading 7V's thats without the psu running. Im not getting any movement at all. the only time the cpu fan turns for about 1 sec is when i leave the 4 pin in and power on the psu by shorting it.

Instead of reseating all components, remove all of them except the cpu.

Try to boot with onboard if you have onboard gpu. If it posts, put 1 stick of ram and test again.
Put back components one by one to test which is the problem

Nope nothing, i have torn down the whole PC the motherboard is out of its case and the only thing plugged in is the psu and the cpu. ?????????????????.

Does it make a beeping sound with only cpu and motherboard?
If it does, even with nothing on the screen, the motherboard is working because its looking for the ram

Yup, well its out of warranty now by a few years. i can get a similar mobo from USA but that will take an age. New system i think lol :)

Back
Top Bottom