Dead PC

ElMiju

Solid State Member
Hi I have a really big problem with my pc, and maybe one of you guys can help.

My PC wont boot. Mouse and keyboard wont turn on, no splash screen, nothing.
I already checked connections and some dude came to my house and checked the power supply with something and said it was ok. I tested the video card on my brother's computer and it worked.

What can be causing this?

I have
ASUS MR32-MVP
AMD X2 4600
Radeon x1900XT
2gbCorsair XMS
Thermaltake TR2-550 PSU
Thermaltake Xaser V Case

ohh and when I power it up it beeps like this..

BEEPBEEPBEEP........BEEP

ok so how did he check the PSU ?

if the PSU is def working then its gonna be RAM or motherboard,

do any fans turn on ? have you tried manually jumping the power pins instead of using the case jumpers

he chekd the PSU with what I think is called voltmeter.
All fans turn on
yes , I used a piece of metal and made contact with the pins

ahha beep codes check your motherboad manual for the beep codes that will tell you what it is

alsoo I forgot to mention, a red light lights up in the video card....BUT, the video card works in my borther's pc...so..idk...

ok the manual says AMI BEEP Codes, but it say anything about my beep.
But i looked on the internet and I found this http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/amibeep.htm
but idk if mine are 4 short or 1 long 3 short, mine is more like 3 short .... then later 1 short

My bro's computer uses DDR1 , so ill have to go to a friend's house to try the ram, ill post the results

ok thanks guys =D

Im gonna buy this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145194

but i wanted to ask... how can I prevent this from happening again, more cooling? better PSU?

It can be a combination of anything really. Better cooling will guarantee a longer lifetime for your computer parts. A good power supply will ensure that your parts are getting enough power to survive. The PSU will usually give out first if it is being pushed to the limit, but its always smart to have one with some wiggle room.

Also, parts are sometimes faulty from the factory. Hell, someone could get a $1000 Core 2 Extreme chip and have it crap out in a matter of a week or two. Same goes for RAM, video cards, motherboards, etc.

As long as you keep your system cool, have parts that are compatible, and don't overclock like mad, you should be fine.

Cheers,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom