Dead mobo inspection please :)

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, just had a machine that when the power button is pressed the power on light comes on but nothing happens after. No fans and no hard drive activity.

Done all basic procedures such as fully discharging it and running it just on power cord not battery. Pulled all hardware thats not needed out, fully stripped to mobo and screen.

Reseated CPU and tested RAM one at a time in different slots.

Pulled CMOS battery out for 1 min while holding power button with no power or battery in.

This is either a mobo or CPU failure im pretty sure but just wondering if anyone could inspect the two sides of the mobo to see if there is anything visually i am missing.

10z1s77.jpg

23t5o52.jpg

ta

Hey,

If your looking for a second opinion I've had a glance over the images and can't see anything obviously wrong.

However that doesn't mean that the motherboard is fine it's quiet possible that I have missed something that you can see or in fact that there is something you will never be able to see with your eyes causing a fault.

Ok just found a compatible second hand processor in the draw and the laptop seems just fine with that new processor.

Think i found my problem :)

Back
Top Bottom