Dead Laptop ! Help

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
I have stripped down a Asus aspire 5720 as it was not getting power from the DC socket. after looking over the motherboard I can see no problem with the port and after testing with a multimeter the laptop is receiving the full 19 volts that it needs. So now I am stumped. What to do next ? is it time for a new mobo ?

before the happened the user complained about it keep hard turning off after some usage. their seems to be no dust in the vents that could be causing overheating probs so this is also what makes me think that the motherboard has died ?

After prodding arround some more with the multimetre i have found that after about the first quater of the board the rest does not seem to be recieving power.

Yup, either the board has a bad link, or in some systems that have thermal protection, if the fan is seized up, the system won't turn on to protect itself. (Sony's especially)

You can try resoldering the terminals on the DC socket. I've fixed a couple of laptop power issues that way. However, if that doesn't work then the laptop is probably kaput...

The dc socket is a plug in one. its not soldered onto the board. The board is getting power (well near the dc socket) but not to the rest of the board. i get no lights when plugged in at all. I have noticed that the power button is on a separate board that connects using a ribbon cable. this board might be dead and therefore not powering on the laptop however still when i have the battery plugged in i get no lights on the board saying its charging or charged so i think it rules that out. I am going to get a new board i think.

Is their anything else that i should try before getting a new board ? i have tried holding down the power button while unplugged and all sorts, i am totally baffled. one day it worked and then it completely died ???

Back
Top Bottom