Dead Computer

mattjones17

Solid State Member
Hi,
Was using my Advent computer (dont know the model), when it suddenly died. If I unplug it for about five minutes, then plug it back in, I can get the fan to start spinning and the front LEDs to come on for a couple of seconds, then it just dies. I am tempted to ring up PC World and tell them to come and get it but then I'm going to be without it for a fortnight so I would rather I could fix it myself.

Also hoping its not a dead PSU :confused:

Thanks in advance

Matt

Well, phoning PC World would be a bad idea haha. They'll take your computer off you and charge loads! If you know your way around the insides of your computer open it up and check that everything is in securely.

Well its under a year old so in warranty, but I do know my way around the computer a bit. If i opened it up, what would I be looking for?

Yeah so the warranty would be void once you opne it, best you know that.

Just check the basics, make sure all cables and pieces of hardware are in correctly.

It's hard to tell, it can be down to alot of things but we'll try:]

Meh there isnt any seal on it, will take a look, do you think it could be the PSU (hope not)

When I power it on, the fan begins to spin and the LED comes on, then it dies and won't come on again until ive unplugged it and left it to stand for 5 minutes or so.

You didn't attempt to flash the BIOS or anything? If no, then it could well be the PSU, it could also be the motherboard shorting. Check if there are any screws etc behind the motherboard that may be causing it to short.

PSU : ISO-450PP

Mobo : Foxconn N15235

CPU : Intel Core Duo 2.2Ghz (I think)

Also known as a Advent T9608

Back
Top Bottom