Data transfer: PC --> MAC

dangerousbeme

In Runtime
Hi all,

I would like to transfer a large amount of music (roughly 35 gigs) from my PC to a Mac. I don't really know much about how to go about doing this.

There are two ways that I can think of: Using a USB cable to connect the two computers, or using my router and connecting both of them using ethernet cables. I would assume these would both be possible going from PC to PC, but could I do it with a Mac?

If its possible, which way do you think is best, and how would I go about setting everything up?

Thanks

sorry I dont know the answer but maybe this way is possible:

write all files which you want on a blank DVD CDs (3.7 GB) and open these CDs on the Mac.

maybe this way is possible

Omar Shamali said:
sorry I dont know the answer but maybe this way is possible:

write all files which you want on a blank DVD CDs (3.7 GB) and open these CDs on the Mac.

maybe this way is possible

i would go with that method, Burn all the songs to a DVD and copy and paste them into a folder on the mac

Edit:Or take the hardrive out of the mac and find a way of connecting it to the pc that has the music on it and do it that way

Well, with the MAC OS X, the file transfer will be ok because they can read each other. If You have Macintosh System 7.5 or something like this, they won't work.

i would just for backup purposes, burn them to DVD to make sure all the music was backed, that way if anything goes wrong, you'll always have it on DVD. i can't tell you how many people kept tons of gigs of music on their hhd, and a virus or whatnot came along messed up the hhd, and they ended up refromatting. all the music went poof .

~mr mixx~ said:
i would just for backup purposes, burn them to DVD to make sure all the music was backed, that way if anything goes wrong, you'll always have it on DVD. i can't tell you how many people kept tons of gigs of music on their hhd, and a virus or whatnot came along messed up the hhd, and they ended up refromatting. all the music went poof .

thats another way. adn i think its good :)

Back
Top Bottom