Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-23-2004, 08:44 PM   #1
Fully Optimized
 
crazyman143's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,946
Default data disappeared.

I have a disc, that I burned using Roxio. this was the first time that I had tried making two sessions on a disk with roxio, but when I added another sesson, the fist one seemed to disappear. I recently put the disk in, and it showed the first session, but now it's gone again, any ideas on getting it back?
__________________

crazyman143 is offline  
Old 07-24-2004, 12:57 AM   #2
The Candyman
 
~mr mixx~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,312
Default Re: data disappeared.

Just use the help link in the Roxio program.
Should tell you how to add an extra session on a disk.

If the 1st session dissapeared, i think the disk wasn't formatted right. (drag to disk)
I think....not quite shure though.
__________________

~mr mixx~ is offline  
Old 07-24-2004, 01:37 AM   #3
BSOD
 
bluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,542
Send a message via ICQ to bluto
Default Re: data disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman143
I have a disc, that I burned using Roxio. this was the first time that I had tried making two sessions on a disk with roxio, but when I added another sesson, the fist one seemed to disappear. I recently put the disk in, and it showed the first session, but now it's gone again, any ideas on getting it back?
Just one,you do you understand how to use your burner.
Did Roxio come with it ?
If not then thats your problem.
I ues as most should,if they could
Nero Express.


Don't use multiple sessions untill you are sure it adds and not deletes the past,I only did it once,so set your options.
bluto is offline  
Old 07-24-2004, 01:34 PM   #4
Fully Optimized
 
crazyman143's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,946
Default

no, roxio did not come with the burner, but I have used roxio with that burner for about a year, with no problems. mostly making data and music CDs. but that was the first time I had made more than one session. I was not sure what would happen, and the data was not important to me at the time, but now it is.! But why is another story.
crazyman143 is offline  
Old 07-25-2004, 12:03 AM   #5
BSOD
 
bluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,542
Send a message via ICQ to bluto
Default Re: data disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman143
no, roxio did not come with the burner, but I have used roxio with that burner for about a year, with no problems. mostly making data and music CDs. but that was the first time I had made more than one session. I was not sure what would happen, and the data was not important to me at the time, but now it is.! But why is another story.
As i said theres an option to keep or delete the previous session.It's up to you to find the option and change it.What more advice can we give?

You have lost session 1 though,i'm pretty sure.
Don't be in such a hurry to delete till your sure it burned,also don't burn till it's a full 700.
bluto is offline  
Old 07-26-2004, 10:45 PM   #6
Fully Optimized
 
crazyman143's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,946
Default

Ok, I'll be more careful next time, but this time I still need the data, I think it's still there somewhere. as I said, It came up again once before. very odd
crazyman143 is offline  
Old 07-26-2004, 11:46 PM   #7
BSOD
 
bluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,542
Send a message via ICQ to bluto
Default Re: data disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman143
Ok, I'll be more careful next time, but this time I still need the data, I think it's still there somewhere. as I said, It came up again once before. very odd
So why did you delete the data before you confirmed it was burned.
Is it still there then.
Is it a HD space problem ? If you want to succeed with doing this be sure to confirm burns from hard drive before you delete the hd files..
You have lost it.sorry.
bluto is offline  
Old 07-26-2004, 11:57 PM   #8
Fully Optimized
 
crazyman143's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,946
Default

well, like I said, why I need the data is another, long story. but basically, I had the files on somone's computer, and we think the may have wrecked their hdd. I was never actually planning to delete the data.
crazyman143 is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 12:09 AM   #9
BSOD
 
bluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,542
Send a message via ICQ to bluto
Default Re: data disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman143
well, like I said, why I need the data is another, long story. but basically, I had the files on somone's computer, and we think the may have wrecked their hdd. I was never actually planning to delete the data.
This is very confuseing.You can't burn from some one elses PC.
How did you get the data to yours.???
Why would this effect his HD,?Burn it on his system.
If he has no burner,take yours there.
THis really is easy stuff.honest.
bluto is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 12:12 AM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
crazyman143's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,946
Default

no, I burned it from his too. sorry, should have mentioned that. I store a lot of my stuff and do a lot of my work on his computer.
__________________

crazyman143 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0