darn kids!

liquidmonkey

In Runtime
hello,
i work at a school and some of the students have gotten into my laptop :( its running XP.
the mouse works, but the double clicking of a desktop icon pops up the properties screen instead of running or opening the

icon.
click on a quick launch icon (bottom left) brings up the properties again.
the keyboard does NOT type in anything. instead the 'f' and 'h' key are either arrow left/right or arrow up/down.
as you can see, this is a mega problem and i can't figure it out at all, any ideas of what they did or how to get things

back? (would prefer to NOT do a system restore point)

What's wrong with a system restore? It keeps all the files on your system that you currently have on there, it just changes the settings back to how they were before and removes any programs that were installed after the last check point.

Yep, system restore will work fine, and why you leaving ya laptop lying around without password protection etc for the kids to get hold of in the first place??

well the mouse problem seems like they just changed the buttons. So try if right clicking the icons open them. If this is the case then you can got to control panel and change it back.

No idea about the keyboard one, so you might aswell try system restore.

Back
Top Bottom