Damn, what is this?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Ok, I have no idea what the hell this thing is.

Uh, some sort of virus.

AntiVir cant delete it, it just seems to keep coming back. I removed it from add-remove programs, but its still there. I delete its contents out of C, and yet it remains.

It keeps popping up in a balloon and whenvever I click it, it brings up a new IE window going to their site.

Maybe its one of those legit, but super clingy virus programs. I have no idea. But I want it gone.

Safe mode hasn't worked so far either. Nor has spybot, or crap cleaner.

This is what it keeps linking me too
http://www.antispygolden.com/?aid=1338

WTF can I do to get this off my computer. Nothing will get it, and I don't know where the directory is.

Oh ya. When I pull up msconfig, the box shuts out immediately.

maybe try going to safe mode and then using msconfig to disable it? That way it shouldn't be able to shut down msconfig. You should also have some kind of program to prevent it from adding itself to the startup again. I use teatimer (comes with spybot).

Take out your hard drive and scan it with a different computer. There is a slim chance what you have could be hiding on a windows file that's in use thus un able to be scanned.

I would try safemode first though, soo much easier.

if its a little icon down by the clock it sounds like smitfraud (winhound, spyfalcon, ect). try searching for smitfraud removal on google.

Hey koby, i had the same problem remember? i reinstalled windows and it still didnt do anything... but safe mode then disabling it in msconfig worked, then deleting the file helped too.

hijack this should help aswell, then id also run different antiviruses and stuff, all in safe mode of course

Well, I cant get into safe mode. I automatically get the blue screen when I try safe mode.

I tried ending explorer.exe, and then using command prompt to delete the file. I found it, and its "Online Video Add-On" in the program files menu. However, its funny, because when I type "DEL C:/" In command, I can delete all contents, however, when I list the directory for the file I want to remove, It says invalid location, or could not find the location. So its not like its on the computer.

And when just open the folder, my virs program detects it, but I cant do anything but deny access to it because its in use, even then that does nothing.

Thats a good idea; hijack this. I completely forgot about that ill have to run it when I get home.

Well... Try a program such as Ad-Aware (SE or 2007). You are trying virus programs mostly and it can be taken care of by spyware/adware removal programs frequently.

I would bet that Webroot's Spysweeper could remove it, but I believe the only way you can utilize spysweeper is by purchasing it, which I doubt you are interested in.

Back
Top Bottom