Damaged disc

yer but the thing is your ment to say THNX ANYWAY, bad for u that i dont like it when people do that try hhelping someone and no thnx or thnx any way, everyone knows that i dont like it its in 1 of my threads further down.

FuRgy said:
The toothpaste trick might be useful too (no joke).
If your disk is full of scratches, these might be filled with dust. You could
Try to put a small amount of toothpaste on your disk and clean it off with some soft material. Move from the centre of the disk and out, not in circles.
Rinse it with some lukewarm water afterwards.

Use the above trick on your own risk. All I can say is that it never did any damage on my CD's

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

toothpast is HIGHLY abraisive and eats away at the disc!!! causing worse track problems teh laser wotn be able to hit the pits right way.

my recommended is shaving cream and a light makeup brush (not the ones that look liek paintbrushes the ones that looks sort of liek q tips) with applying a decent amout of alchohol (over 80%) to prep the surface first. if you dont have a makeup brush use a soft q-tip.

take the alky and rub it all over the disc with a soft NONSCENTED tissue for a while till it dries up some, wave the disc in teh air and then you take a makeup brush, and put a quarter size dab of shaving cream on the disc and spread it with your finger till its even, then you take the makeup brush and work your way in small circles around the disc, then after that rub the makep brush w/shaving cream from the indie-out then outside in really fast, then rinse really good then youre done..

I suggest praticing on aol cds!!! he he!!! this takes a while to get this right but thats why you pratice some.

it works for most any manufacturer...

toothpaste is THE worst on SONY manufactured cd's and DVDS!!!as well as WAMO ones!!!

I've heard people buffing the scratches out. As long as they are done carefully and evenly, I think it should work. The data is near the top of the CD so that shouldn't be damaged.

buffing sould only work on surface scratches

and those "other side" scratches. those arent repairable.

and also radio scratches are easier to work with then non radial ones...

(I used to rate disc manufacurers and stuff like that he he)

Back
Top Bottom