Custom Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to tell you the truth, you're better off buying a reliable system than putting up something you are not sure about and have to ask. I built my own PC, but I have been playing around with computers for over 20 years.
The best way is to buy like PCWorld or other computer related magazines, and learn about the different motherboards, memories, hard disks, video cards etc. and also about the safety proceedures to take. One error and you could blow your motherboard. I personaly go to one of my dealers website and I virtually build myself a computer to see how much it will cost.
Your best start is getting knowledge; why not start at this website: http://www.webopedia.com/

One thing u can do, is find all the parts and manufactureres that u want, go to a local pc shop or a bunch of them, give them a list of what u will accept and get them to give u a quote. It wont be as expensive as pre-built pc's and u can make sure that u dont get cheap parts. It may a be a bit more expensive than if you bought all the parts from different sources and put it together urself, but we're talking chump change, and if ur not confident then thats the best way to go. I did that, paid about $50 more to have them do everything for me and now my pc is working great.

If you know a little about computers, check www.ZinoCustom.com
I had mine custom built by them ,they just assemble it, install the software, and ship it. Pretty darn cheap to, I compared with Alienware and this is what I found
ALIENWARE AREA 51-ALX
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz 4MB Cache 1066MHz FSB
Operating System Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Chassis: Alienware® P2 ALX Chassis - Space Black
Chassis Upgrades: Alienware® AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling - Fusion Red
Power Supply: 850 Watt Alienware® Multi-GPU Approved
Motherboard: Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI Motherboard
Memory: 2GB DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 x 1024MB
System Drive: (RAID 0) - 500GBx2) Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 2 x 16MB Cache
Storage Drive: Additional Storage Drive - 750GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 16MB Cache
Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive
Secondary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 52x32x52x CD-RW Drive
Graphics Processor: Dual 1024MB NVIDIA® GeForce 7950 GX2 - Quad SLI Enabled
Video Optimizer: AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance Optimizer
Monitors: Dell 24" 1920 x 1200 UltraSharp Widescreen Flat Panel /w HDCP
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi® High Definition 7.1 Audio
Speakers: Logitech® Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System - Featuring Wireless Technology!
Keyboard: Logitech® Cordless Desktop® MX™ 5000
Mouse: Logitech® MX™ 1000 Laser Cordless Mouse
$9016.00 with shipping

ZinoCustoms Extreme Gaming Bundle
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz 4MB Cache 1066MHz FSB
Operating System Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Chassis: SilverStone Temjin TJ07 or Collermaster Stacker 830
Chassis Upgrades: ZinoCooling and Lava Red lighting
Power Supply: 710 Watt PC Power and Cooling Silencer
Motherboard: Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe
Memory: 2GB DDR2 Performance Corsair 800MHz - 2 x 1024MB
System Drive: (RAID 0) 2x150GB Serial ATA 10000 RPM 16MB Cache
Storage Drive: Additional Storage Drive - 750GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 16MB Cache
Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 18x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Plextor Drive
Secondary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 48x16x48x CD DVD Drive
Graphics Processor: Dual XFX 7900 GTX, 512MB, 675Mhz, DDR3
Video Optimizer: ZinoOptimal Video settings and configuration for best performance
Monitors: Acer 22" 1680x1050 UltraSharp Widescreen Flat Panel LCD with 5ms response
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi® F1 FATAL1TY Gaming
Speakers: Logitech® Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System with Wireless rear Speakers
Keyboard: Microsoft® Cordless Desktop Pro 5000
Mouse: Logitech® MX™ 1000 Laser Cordless Mouse
$6724.00 with shipping

Lot of savings there for a sytem that is just as good, and ZinoCustoms send you a printout of your computers performance so you know just what you have and what it can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom