Custom computer help

Overlordx

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, just made an account to see if anyone can help me with my problem...I bought a "Bare bones" computer off of ebay, new. The specs on it were

Motherboard: ECS PM-800-M2
Processor - 3.20 Ghz INtel Celeron
Video Card - 256 MB Nvidia 5500 OC also have another monitor setup with a Nvidia 4000 128 MB
Memory - 1024 MB 184-pin DDR DIMM
Harddrive - Recently bought a 250 Gb, also have a 40 Gb slave drive

Custom built, I thought it would run good as compared to my friends computers cause it has better specs but it really doesn't run that well. It lags on games like Halo and Morrowind, just wondering if anyone knows anyway I can speed it up (aside from buying more memory or another video card, or if another video card perhaps specify a certain type of card)

Thanks in advance! :)

Low end?`At 3.20Ghz...

it might just be because it is an intel mate. all i would suggest is a little more memory

I don't think so: It is probably the Celeron and that graphics card. Halo is... well... demanding, to say the least, because of its design, and Morrowind never really runs smoothly :D.

I've always heard Celerons are absolutely terrible for gaming. This makes no sense to me as I don't see why it matters, but the response has been so concrete I just can't argue.

TRDCorolla said:
Celeron can pack all the clocks it can handle but it still won't perform like a Pentium 4.

yeah man, i'm sorry but celerons are not good at all for gaming..even though the clock speed is 3.2 GHz, it still will never outbeat a P4 say at...2 GHz

upgrade the processor if you want to see an improvement in your games. what games do you want to play? if you want to play like Half life 2, you'll need to upgrade the processor and video card...
you've got a great HDD and a well amount of RAM though

joepic said:
yeah man, i'm sorry but celerons are not good at all for gaming..even though the clock speed is 3.2 GHz, it still will never outbeat a P4 say at...2 GHz

Why though??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Wish I would have known Celerons aren't good for gaming before I bought it...bah...but I really just wanted FFXI to run smoother and be able to play games like Halo/Fable...

So upgrade the processor...if I were to do that, does anyone know how much I would be able to sell the Processor alone for?

Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom