Custom built laptop

yellowsnowman

Daemon Poster
As you all know, people build their own computers, but is it possible to build your own laptop?

I was also wondering in a laptop, how do companies fit all that stuff into that tiny thing? does the pc not have a fan/heatsink? Or is it like super small?

Yea you can do it. However I know a man that tried it. he ended up wasteing THOSUANDS. And he also said it cost him most to attempt it then to buy from some other companies.I was thinking about building my own laptop too. But decided again it.

Building a laptop is not worth it as the parts are pretty much proprietary as all get out. The cases are molded to fit the design of all the other parts as seen by the manufacturer. And no two are exactly like. The keyboards have a varying amount of changes so that they are not interchangeable and all that.

a neat way to overcome it is to mod a laptop into a nice brief case..customize it to your hearts content.
The screen can actually be attached to the colapsulble folder compartments or you can customize it to other places. and being a brief case the standard 102 key keyboard will fit nicely. You can still use the laptop HDD and other parts to reduce size and weight

Back
Top Bottom